Monday, April 29, 2013

Darkness of Ignorance: sleeping in Gu

Darkness of Ignorance: Sleeping in Gu.  The true meaning of Guru is "one who dispels darkness of ignorance". "Gu" means "darkness of ignorance" and "Ru" means "one who removes". Ru in the film is nature, intuition, the collective unconscious, subconscious communicating with conscious and unconscious, spirit guides - the white Alsatian dog, my childhood dog, who had been with me while I was inside my mothers womb, I never saw another dog like it, except in this new land where I would see lots of them, the heavens, the constellations, Orion's Belt- the constellation of stars I search for when I travel to another country or continent, I often place them in my paintings, the ability to communicate with another human being who is far away without using words but using thoughts, call it telepathy.  Thoughts going out to those in toxic and dangerous situations may all beings be free of suffering.

No comments: